Sunday, 20 June 2010

My Narrative - Watership Down

Watership Down was one of my favourite films as a child. I decided to get to grips with the book by Richard Adams, which i must say is amazingly written. Throughout the book I understood that this was not just a book about rabbits, it was about teamwork, loyalty, freedom, nature, faith, positivity. The underlying narrative that stuck out to me the most was teamwork, and i decided to represent it through 4 images of people building a treehouse. 



This project made me fall in love with printing all over again! I realised that the soft line over a grainy stencil is what i enjoy most about it.



1 comment:

  1. I love Watership Down and was a wee one when I saw the movie and it introduced me to the book. Kudos on your prints because they are great!!

    ReplyDelete