Friday, 11 June 2010

Visual Explanation - Rock Bottom


'Rock Bottom' was the word I randomly picked out from the mysterious tombola at the beginning of this project. 


This was a challenging project for me, forcing the way i thought about my work to change. It was important for me to realise that my illustrations do not have to be precious and time consuming. I decided that a self-help book of my illustrations would be the best way to explain the term 'rock bottom'. I look back on this book and think to myself - I'm a horrible person sometimes, even if this was just supposed to make people laugh! However, I think that this was a personal catharsis of some sort, allowing me to get rid of some frustration. I created about 20 illustrations for each comical phrase, some of which I experimented with photography. 






No comments:

Post a Comment